13 November 2010

Erin Reads the Comics So Josh Doesn't Have To

Inspired by the not-countless-but-too-embarrassingly-large-to-be-recounted number of hours I've spent over the past year with The Comics Curmudgeon - Josh reads (and hilariously mocks) the comics, so you don't have to - I've started reading the daily funnies myself. My university has a small variety of newspapers available for free on campus, and though sadly none of these publications carry the classics Mary Worth and Apt. 3G, now it's become habit for me to read the daily comics, and also to clip out the bizarrest, most wtf of panels, just for the record, I guess.

But then I decided, hey, why not do something with 'em?











So I did that. I actually don't have any scissors right now (only nail scissors), so we'll see how long I keep at this.

2 comments:

  1. This rearranging is kind of like what Bowie does with lyrics, isn't it, with comics.

    If I had to add a funny strip here, it would be page 8 in "jimmy corrigan smartest kid on earth", where our captain-crunch-eating hero walks around with plenty of clothes on in the summer, because it's cold in the supermarket..? , that just crakes me up , ha ha ( :

    I gave up on page 50 or so, the next bits didn't quite live up to this highlight, but you might like the book, which was included on Times all-time top 100 novels.
    Kind of like a comic strip version of benjamin button, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.29-95.com/time-suck/comic/marmaduke-explained-11-12-10

    ReplyDelete