14 June 2010

THE LITTLE THINGS: Dogma (Kevin Smith, 1999)

According to the official record, Dogma is the first "swear-friendly" movie I ever watched on my own accord (the little glimpses I caught of whatever child-inappropriate cinema my dad was watching don't really count as I never really saw enough to follow the plotline).

Every "f-bomb" Jay detonated really felt like one to my innocent ten-year-old self, and I thought the term "skeletons in the closet" actually related to osteology. Ah, my youth. The weird thing being that I know I saw Stand By Me long before I ever saw Dogma, and Dogma's like a limp little swear biscuit compared to SBM's rapid-fire cuss-tard.

(Sorry, I keep thinking in a British accent and it's really impeding my ability to metaphorize. All metaphors sound right brilliant in a British accent!)

Yeah, but here's some things you might not have noticed if you don't have the crippling reverse of Attention Deficit Disorder like me:





I, too, would hang out in airports if they had booths like that.





You can't really make out the signs, but I love how contemptuous Steve-Dave and Fanboy look of the other protesters.



'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment