22 September 2010

THAT'S WHAT HE SAID: Jonathan Ames, as interviewed by The A.V. Club

AVC: Why do you think so many people have become obsessed with vampires lately?

JA: I don’t know. There must be some witty one-line answer. I guess immortality is always appealing. They’re usually very good-looking and given all sorts of powers, and they’re sexy. I don’t know. It’s a combination of being immortal and sexy. I’d like to be immortal and sexy, so I’m into vampires. In True Blood, I also like the characters that turn into dogs. I would like to turn into a dog.




So would I, Jonathan Ames, so would I. Read the rest of the interview here and watch Bored to Death when the second season premieres on September 26th. Yee-haw!

1 comment:

  1. AVC: What do you see your life being like as a dog? You probably wouldn’t be writing an HBO show.

    JA: Well, I wouldn’t be a dog all the time. I’d be a part-time dog. I’d go to a dog run and wrestle with other dogs, and I’d like to be caressed by humans, but mostly I’d want to wrestle with other dogs and run really fast.

    ReplyDelete